Saturday, March 13, 2010

Time to go more PALEO!!!

I feel the need to do more research on the Paleo Diet so I can kick it up a notch.  I just ordered 2 books (Primal Blueprint & The Paleo Diet for Athletes).  I have been taking (Non Paleo) Whey Protein  shakes with almond breeze milk daily so I just ordered EGG White Protein which I have never heard of  but should be a good substitute.  I have successfully fased out all High Fructose/Sugar beverages but will need to find a substitute for Diet Green Tea which has Aspertame and Fruit20 Essetials which has Sucralose.  I guess it will have to be good old H20 or a natural green tea.  It seems that most of the time when I go non-paleo it's with food that most would consider healthy food:  (Total Cereal, Arnold Multi-Grain thins, Think Thin - Chunky Peanut Butter Energy Bar, Smuckers Natural peanut butter- just a tablespoon in protein shake).  I'll try to post some pics of some Paleo meals soon.  
Current Weight=165 Tanita scale BF%=14 but more accurate Caliper reading=18% a little discouraging but had some great workouts last week and even got to the gym twice after P90X to do some interval sprints on the treadmill.  My gym which just became Gold's Gym added some new equipment but also added a few more boneheads!!!  One of the new trainers (who could easily cast in that MTV show- Jersey Shore) was taking a picture of himself flexing in front of the bathroom mirror while me another member shook our heads  and laughed.      

1 comment:

  1. Hey Greg, a few comments.
    - good on you to cut out all sweeteners; the artificial ones fool the liver almost as bad as the real stuff
    - almost 20lb lost in about 10 weeks is fantastic
    - try substituting almond butter for peanut butter; it's better for you
    - my gym went through the same thing when it turned Gold; meatheads at large!

    ReplyDelete