Friday, February 19, 2010

Counting Calories

Looks like a lot of people doing the P90X workout & Diet Plan are counting calories thru myfitnesspal so I thought I'd start doing some tracking of my own.  My Daily Calorie intake for weight to stay the same is 1700 and I have been averaging about (1600) but more important is that I have been well over the 64 grams of protein (125) and Carbs are less than half the suggested 234 grams (100).  I did cheat with a slice of pizza & couple beers Wednesday night over a relatives house. Had Bison steaks (Grass Fed) and Cauliflower for dinner Thursday.  My Tanita Scale clocked me at 169 pounds and 15.7 % BF.....I can't remember the last time I was below 170's and I can't believe my BF% dropped almost 5% in 6 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome progress man. One thing I learned with the Tanita scale is that I have to calibrate it with a more accurate measurement like skin fold calipers, then I had to adjust the height input on the scale so it matched the caliper measurement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...Thanks. I just got the caliper so I'll have to get a more accurate reading.

    ReplyDelete